Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Just need to Bitch

I'm of course so stressed out once again because today I realized how depressed my dad is. We have a gas card (well a card we always charge gas too) and we all fill up the cars on Sunday night. Well that didn't happen this week, because of course the SuperBowl. So my mom and I had to do my car today, which I expected and was not surprised. But my dad however, was suppose to fill up this car last night because I have to drive my mom to work on Tuesdays and Thrusday. This is of course due to the fact that my sister must drive a car to school everyday because it her senior year. Well it doesn't matter that is it my senior year...so whatever.

Anyways gas...okay so my dad was so depressed yesterday he didn't fill his car up. So my mom and I had to go from home to the gas station back home, so that my dad would have the card. Now this is not that stressful, but it makes me realize how sick my dad is. I of course I have known for awhile, being a psychology major and all. I realized that his anger was really depression. He would (and still does) get mad about the most stupid things. I mean if I take out the trash 5 minutes later than he said I should...ummm it doesn't really matter if the trash doesn't came for another ya know...24 hours.

Since I know its depression I should understand being all depressed and everything. But I don't! I know what its like to be in that state but I don't understand how you don't want to get out of it. When I was given help, I fucking took it! I had to for my life! But my dad thinks that since he's been depressed for so long it doesn't really matter if it takes a few more months. I don't think he realizes that he is getting more depressed as the days go on! But hey what do I know...I mean I am only a psychology major that has recovered from depression (well not that true...but you know what I mean).

2 comments:

Liz Miller said...

When you're right, you're right. But you're his daughter so he's going to think he knows best.

Lizzy said...

I know, but still it sucks!